Recycling is a process of collecting wasted, sorting the waste materials into recyclable and non-recyclable products, recreating new products with recycled waste, lastly sale and purchase of new used products by consumers. It is one of the most effective and efficient ways of waste management if we follow the three R’s of waste management; reduce, reuse and recycle.
Many countries in the world are practicing waste management techniques to save environment. London is one of the country that promotes rubbish collection in London to recycle maximum amount of waste collected. These rubbish collection authorities in London are obligated by the laws to collect targeted waste as per the population of the city. Let us further understand the benefits and drawbacks of recycling:-
- Recycling waste promotes healthy environment as otherwise waste collected from homes get deposited in landfills. These landfills are designed with toxic chemicals that are released and reach our atmosphere and water. By recycling you can reduce air and water pollution
- Helps in preserving environment as less tress are cut to make papers. So by reducing deforestation and producing recycled paper we save the environment for future
- Saves energy as recycling takes less energy than processing raw materials hence minimizing the use of energy
- Saves money as recycled products are less expensive than the normal ones.
- Recycled materials always does not guarantee good quality products due to usage of bleach to recycle paper
- Increase low quality jobs like rubbish collection London, cleaning toxins and manual labor. These kinds of jobs are considered low quality leading to a poor quality life.
- If recycling not planned properly, it can damage the environment as daily rubbish collection London would leave fragments on streets and recovery sites, thereby making areas unhygienic to live.